Major blow to terrorism with the arrest of 800 Over Ground Workers during last year
With intensified anti-insurgency operation, the security forces were able to neutralize a whopping number of more than 250 terrorists in 2018 in Kashmir valley. The security forces also had major success in clamping on the over ground network of the terrorist outfits this year. These Over Ground Workers (OGWs) are civilians who take care of shelter, food and movement of terrorists and manage their activities and hideouts.
- More than 250 terrorists were eliminated by security forces last year, in which top commander of terrorist outfits were also killed.
- Over 800 Over Ground Workers (OGWs) were arrested in 2018.
- OGWs are civilians who take care of shelter, food and movement of Militants and manage their activities and hideouts.
- In 2018, arrests of OGWs have increased eight times as compared to the previous year.
- Without OGWs and their logistic support, terrorism cannot survive for long.
- Major success was reported from southern districts of Kashmir.
- 2018 data shows that most of the encounters happened in South Kashmir.
The security forces eliminated many dreadful terrorists including Bashir Lashkar, Abu Dujana, Saddam Padder, Altaf Ahmed Dar (Kaczur), Sameer Tiger, Sabzar Ahmed Bhat since the launch of operation all out in mid-2017. Also, as many as 800 militants and OGWs were arrested last year, which Government Forces including the local Police consider as a major success. “Without OGWs and their logistic support, terrorism cannot survive for long,” officials said.